Friday, June 16, 2017

EAST BAY BOOK FEST

The East Bay Book Fest is situated in downtown Berkeley, tucked into a park behind municipal buildings.  This year it took place Saturday and Sunday, June 2 & 3.  Sand Hill Review Press had a table. 


I was planning on being there on Saturday but early that morning, Tory Hartman, our publisher, texted me that she had left behind the box of my books.  Change of plans: I'd attend Sunday.


I did and I had a good time.  Not only did we sell some books but I got to talk to a couple of the other Sand Hill writers.  It was fascinating to me to watch potential customers see the cover of THE LAST INNOCENT HOUR and pick it up - or not.  Buy it - or not.


But perhaps the best part of the day, to me personally, as that one-half of my old agents, Pomada-Larsen, suddenly materialized on the other side of the table.  Michael Larsen in an extraordinary yellow shirt was deep in conversation with several friends.  Then his eyes focused on my book and he looked up and saw me.  Couldn't have staged it better. 


Now if only my hair had cooperated as well.



No comments:

Post a Comment

NOVELS ABOUT NAZIS: THE ODESSA FILE

I just read, or rather listened to Frederick Forsyth's memoir, THE OUTSIDER.  The man has had a fascinating life. After a stint in t...